On the second day of riding around the Bodensee, my dad and I got up at about 0700 and had oatmeal and hot chocolate for breakfast.
We then packed our B.O.B trailer (alistair-on-being-thrifty.html) and started to ride. After a few stops, a wrong turn and a few hours of Pedaling, we arrived at the Austrian border.
We stopped for a picture and rode along the roads for about another hour and a half. During this time, we rode along what I thought was the hardest part if the trip. It was about a 5 kilometer section of road with heavy construction along the sides of the roads, making them very narrow and hard to ride on with cars passing about a foot away at a high speed.
We then had a late lunch right before the Swiss border and continued to ride for another two hours until our campsite.
For the last five minutes of the ride, my dad noticed that his rear tire had started to go flat, looking at it later, he repaired a small flat after setting up camp.
Daily totals
Distance: 90.52 kilometers (56 miles)
Average speed: 18.3 kilometers an hour
Time: 5 hours
(this day was the longest of the three days we rode)
3 comments:
One foot away from maniac high speed drivers....for 5 K?
(Don't do this again....even if it was fun...and even if you can not predict where heavy construction will be....I suspect I'm joinging your mom in saying..."when this happens...turn around and come home"...HA! (As if either of you would do that..ha-ha)
I see I spelled "joining" wrong in my haste to comment...I'm actually creating mint beds today and just came in briefly to see how the configuration would look from upstairs...and Papa told me about your blog post so ll'I og bcak to my ojb now....(now that I've fixed things) :)
Don’t worry, next time I do something like this it will be at the end of May for the Skoda Velothon in Berlin, the streets will be closed off to cars. I always try to be safe.
Post a Comment