Thursday, April 8, 2010
Science in a Glass
I stuck some clippings into a jar for my elegant ;-) Easter 'floral arrangement' ....the neighbors had recently trimmed their tree, ( I think it's called "corkscrew willow"...? ) Anyway. I took a handful of trimmed branches and figured they'd probably give me a few green leaves and be good enough for someone who couldn't be bothered to buy flowers.
One week in the jar, and the branches sprouted leaves AS WELL AS pink roots. Pink! I like how it looks next to the olive green branch....but nothing on that tree outside is ever pink. I think that's interesting.
So, if I wanted to PLANT this outside....how would I go about doing that? Straight into the dirt? Or, do I have to wait until the roots are more developed?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm guessing you can plant it. I think willows simply like wet/water. The cuttings may have grown the same roots if you'd simply pushed them into a wet spot outdoors (but I don't know, of course...ha)
Ian and I put the most developed stem into a pot on the front balcony. I just need to keep it watered, now. :-) It will be interesting to see how it turns out....
Post a Comment