This is Ian.
Over my spring break my dad and I went to southern Germany to ride around Europe’s largest lake, the Bodensee (Lake Constance). Our route would take us around the lake over the course of three days. Each day was about 50-60 miles long. The first day was the shortest, shown in yellow. The second day was the longest, shown in green. Day three was a little shorter than day two. Day three is shown in white. Our campsites are shown in red and the national borders are in black.
We parked our car (at the point between the yellow line and white line) and started to ride. We both thought the course would be flat, but it immediately took off into the hills. Usually I’m faster on flats and downhills, but because my dad was carrying the trailer, I was much faster on uphills for once.
After about 45 minutes of riding trough hills, we stopped for a break.
We then rode for another two hours until our campsite. we set up our tent, had MRE's for dinner and went to sleep early.
Daily Totals
Distance: 77.3 kilometers
Time moving: 4 hours 14 minutes
Average speed: 18.2 kilometers per hour

1 comment:
Ian! I can't believe you did all that...AND gave such an absolutely amazing description of it (even that map with the outlines in color were a huge help in me understanding it all)! What wonderful memories you are all tucking into your lives...
Post a Comment