I was just thinking last week about what my Occupation is these days. Normally, I write "Homemaker" on any form that asks to know an official occupation.....but, these days I'm not so much of a homemaker. Or, at least, I'm not my version of a Homemaker. :-) The version I'd come to be over 16 years of being at home with children.
I'm more of a "family member" these days -- everyone has to pitch in to compensate for my being out of the house.
Alistair doing dishes & Lars eating food he made himself
That means I strategically planned to enjoy three days of über homemaking, as if to give myself an emotional stockpile & reminder of what I could do with quiet hours.......
I pulled out the wool and needles and sat in a patch of winter sun.
Plus, I read from Jane Brocket's The Gentle Art of Domesticity again. :-) Mmmmmm....
I sewed the stacks of fabric off my table....
A normal three-day sampler of my homelife at ANY other given time in my history would never have been so productive, but since I planned it out and aimed to maximize the time, it turned out to be three days of bliss.
4 comments:
Absolutely fabulous! Love the "doorstop". How are you planning on using the keys? So much wonderful history - it's terribly fascinating!
Well, I was thinking you might like a couple. :-) You know - for crafting, wrapping, whatever. I think I'm going to take two of them and just hang them in my studio room on the bookshelves -- or make some kind of drawer pull or ...? Haven't thought it all through yet...but they were just SO COOL I couldn't leave them there. The Somerset people use a lot of keys for collage, art journaling, etc. On Ravelry I saw a woman had SPUN a very small key into some yarn that she named "The Secret Garden" -- that knocked me out, I thought it was so creative. I'll have to find a smaller key, though....
He told me the large ones were for housedoors, and the smaller ones for trunks and storage chests.
Gee, even your dad loved those beautiful cups (Well, all of it..ha!)
Really? Dad likes the teacups? I think he would approve of my doorstop, too -- it is so great! Even Alistair likes the 2 kg weight...very masculine...he told me right away that he thought it was a very clever use. Totally worth the 3 Euro. :-)
Post a Comment