We have the week off for Easter Break right now, and have been outside as much as possible. Lars and Eliza are suddenly interested in long walks through the woods -- looking for the first green, the first blossom poking through the leaves left over from last Autumn. Wikipedia tells me this flower's name is "wood anemone" :-).
The long walks are a good thing -- a GREAT thing, actually: three hours of fresh air and exercise help all of us. :-)
The woods path we usually use has "experience stations" for children.
We are normally loyal to one direction (stream, buckets & mice) but this week, we've gone off in the other direction for fields, ruins and an obstacle course.
Sometimes, if we are v e r y lucky, we see horses -- nearly blended in to the background:
Other times, if we are still out in the late afternoon, we meet Ian on his bike after school:
His vacations and school breaks are different than the one Lars and Eliza have.....
...but, I don't think he minds.
I like this time in early, early Spring and that we can see through the trees -- once it's covered over in green, we won't see the "hidden" parts. Like this old road marker:
Or, this old treehouse:
It was probably originally for hunting.....but, for my purposes, it's a tree house. ;-)
3 comments:
Very, very keen...as an old lover of walks...that's all very, very keen. (I need to plant some Wood Anemone's...have always intended to...not certain why I haven't..I love the look of them..beautiful)
We talk about Uncle Eric ALL the time on these walks. I had no idea how much they would associate that with him, and yet....it's one of the first things they think of, when we are out in the woods walking.
That's so, so sweet of you all. It is interesting that they associate the woods walking with Uncle Eric (He's certainly found alot of peace out there...Thank You God) (Not certain how we'd have survived without all that walking in peaceful surroundings)
Post a Comment