My espresso machine has stopped working -- more seriously than the other times it has stopped -- this time it has sat down firmly and is refusing to go further. Can you see me reflected in there? All sad....?
:-(
After a good scrubbing, I packed my beautiful machine away, and resigned myself to dealing with it when we return to the States. I guess my machine has been pretty decent about seven years of continual use over four countries; that's a lot of transformer time, after all.
I moved my affections, then, to the stovetop pot and teakettle.....
And am comforting myself with new cups....
....all full of Spring and without handles (which makes them hot to hold....but, they are still so very groovy, so I don't mind the singed fingertips.) They even look good in the dishwasher:
Alistair very sweetly said I should go buy some MORE cups. Isn't that nice? Especially since he's not such a big coffee-guy....he's not really a big dish-guy, either. :-) This might be on of those once-in-a-lifetime-moments.
Plus, I have to figure out how to fill the empty spot on the wooden cart where the espresso machine was..... much better to stack my colorful cups there, rather than let the empty space be taken over by the ever-encroaching STACKS OF PAPER waiting to pounce on any open surface.
I'm thinking about it -- the wooden cart -- and the appropriate way to dress it.
:-)
3 comments:
I am so sorry for your loss....this must have hurt more than when your sewing machine broke:*(
You know me so well. It was sad. In the meantime, I've gotten really into the 'mokka' pot and then diluting with hot water from the teakettle. 2/3 + 1/3..something like that. I'm beyond the pedestrian "Americano" at this point -- and have such a detailed proportion of espresso to hot water, than even a barista couldn't please me now.
;-)
It's hard for me to believe you don't have your beloved machine..(I'm proud of you for bearing up like this...good girl...)
Post a Comment