Monday, April 19, 2010

Flohmarkt


I have discovered what is to be had at FLEA MARKETS... :-)...how could I have ignored these before so coldly??


Linen handkerchiefs with lace trim;  hand-done.  There's still a perfume scent, as well.   :-)   

I'm keeping myself at a strict 10 Euro per Saturday, however. 

                                                  I wish I had penmanship like that.

Without such a budget,  I would be completely out of control.

:-) :-) :-)

4 comments:

Padden4 said...

Such lovely things. Yes, how could you have ignored them so long? :)

In your travels, do you ever find floursacks or seed sacks or such that have German (or other) writing on them? We were in Restoration Hardware this weekend and they had some pillows made of French sack cloths. They were simple, but really cool and I would love to do some pillows like that for the living room. If you happen to stumble upon anything like that I would happily reimburse you for what ever you could find. I am so covetous for your experiences. :)

I don't know that I would be able to keep myself to a limit.

Tanya said...

I will look! :-)

By the way, I'm sending you the handkerchief with the little star-shapes in the border...already packaged and sealed. You won't believe me when I tell you I'm looking for your address -- but, it's true. I know I had it before (probably from Alistair's computer address book...) and am hopeful about mailing the box today. Or, tomorrow. (This is my LITANY...)

I will definately, definately look for the sacks....that sounds very cool.

Padden4 said...

You are so thoughtful and absolutely wonderful! Thank you in advance! :-)

NANA said...

Beautiful things...I could never hold to a spending limit at such places(probably really low prices also, huh?) I'd be doomed...ha!