Sunday, April 18, 2010
Floral
Someone sent me flowers last week! It was Birte...my host-sister in Hamburg; she's wonderful like that ;-) I took them STRAIGHT upstairs to my studio room so they could be on my desk. All for me.
Her timing was perfect (how did she know??)....for it turns out that last week was one of those legendary weeks in which nearly everything simultaneously goes slightly wrong: all pens run out of ink, phone stops working, people keep calling, CD's skip, coffeemaker breaks, lettuce wilts and my English Club children were naughtier than usual......I know that is nothing compared to mudslides and billowing volcanic ash, but it knocked the wind out of Fragile Me.
So, I retreated to my little room upstairs -- and my lovely flowers, (which are still beautiful, 7 days later...) and felt like I was in a treehouse, or up on the roof, where everything was right with the world for a few moments.
:-) xoxoxoxoxo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
The flowers are beautiful and I am so glad that you have "a retreat" and that even for a moment, all was right. Life is good...
I remind myself of this daily. Sometimes hourly and some days more often than that.
ha ha! :-) Me, too....
God bless Birte's good heart! I'm so glad you had such beautiful reminders of how much you're loved.
(And to still look that good after 7 days means you loved them very much and gave them very good care..
so God bless your appreciative heart)
Post a Comment