Thursday, April 1, 2010
Mint Garden
Nana sent us some mint!!
THROUGH THE MAIL. I am still grappling with how she got a live plant across two continents and one ocean. :-)
This mint -- lime mint, Nana writes -- is my kind of plant: very, very hardy. It started growing out the sides of the wrapper, in fact. I wish I had the energy this plant has....
Lars planted it in our little garden spot. I am pretty sure that all the frost is behind us (although, part of me says that this little plant could probably make a go of it anywhere...) I'm eager to see how it grows; and it's nice to have a little piece of Washington State over here in our garden patch.
Maybe Nana will send us some more...... :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad you're glad! It is astonishingly tough, it seems to me. Happy to send more types..but to keep them distinct to their type, they'd need to be in seperate pots and/or spots, of course...and that may be more messing around than would be worth your while? If you want one of all, I'm happy to send. Or, if you want to pick..the hardiest are: Applemint; orangemint; pineapplemint; chocolatemint; gingermint; mediterrainianmint; spearmint; your basilmint; and GG's peppermint (from bouquet brought to my 4th birthday party by an old neighbor man..among wildflowers he'd picked from a ditch near his house..bless his good heart..little did he know how much his gift would be loved through all these years, huh? Ha! Goes to show...little gifts of love can live on forever in hearts)
I totally, totally want the peppermint. :-) That is such a sweet story - I knew you had mint from Grandma, but I somehow never knew about the 4th Birthday Party Bouquet. That is so great, Mom.
Post a Comment