Tuesday morning we measured the GARDEN! Right before I had to leave for the airport....but we measured thoroughly - and looked at the soil. This view is from the main door on the north side of the house...I know, I know...the photo is DARK. I had such trouble getting my camera to turn ON, so my photos are a mixed bag of - mostly overcast - weather......
We snipped bamboo stakes and unrolled colored twine. We measured all sides and angles, including outside the wall...(it felt very mathmatical ;-) for two women whose strengths did not lie in that particular subject during University days.....) Carolin drew sketches and then transferrerd all the measurements onto architectural graph paper..... that she had just FOUND in a room.....who has something like that just lying around???
That big tree on the left was set to be pulled down the day after I left -- I was sorry to miss that -- the whole garden will look different now! Plus, there are probably some Fruit Trees planted there .... ;-)
In Pau we had time to walk around a little and have some lunch....and some ice cream. That in the cups is CIDER. :-) We had buckwheat crepes with two different fillings: one with egg, cheese, ham and the other with walnuts and gorgonzola.
There were a lot of interesting things in Pau (Chateau, artisanal stone work, those beautiful Pyrenees.....) but I really think the most riveting thing for me was Carolin's parking job:
Tanya: Can you even fit in there?
Carolin: I can fit in there!!
Tanya: But, how will you get out?
Carolin: Oh, getting OUT is easier than getting IN.
AND SHE DID IT -- I am here to tell you that with minimal effort, she parked that car as you see it -- and with a stunning ease, she had us out of that spot and on the way to airport right on time.
I think, MAYBE, she might just be a Superhero.
;-)
3 comments:
WOW~ Better than I could do, but not by much....John, on the other hand, can't even parallel park when's he's got the whole street open
John and I are kindred spirits....
;-)
Hey! Me, too, although I did learn to park an Isuzu Trooper in Carmel, Ca. near the yarn store :) I should have gotten some kind of congratulatory t-shirt for that feat. Never did it again, though. Will walk miles now ...
Post a Comment