Sunday, November 23, 2008

Bird Feeder


Lars was telling me about the birds he could see through the window - two days in a row. Shivering, he said :-) in the bare hedge......I was too busy making cookies to notice.

A. took the kids on a regular trip to the commissary and Lars remembered on his own about the birdseed -- and this morning they set out some makeshift feeders in the apple tree. I think those are A.'s Ziploc "dishes" from when he lived here on his own last spring. :-)
:
Both A. and I were ASTONISHED at how quickly the birds found the feeders. Good Man, Lars.





2 comments:

Robyn Woodson said...

How awesome your feeders are!!! There's a Boy Scout badge there :-) The snow looks wonderful too, or maybe that's because we are still in shorts and t-shirts - low 70s today.

T-why are you baking 3kg of cookies? Or is this just you being you? Do you have plans for Turkey Day? Hope you have a great one... gobble, gobble

Tanya said...

I just inserted my treatise on The Cookie a few posts down...ha ha!

You are so right about the Boy Scout thing--that went right over my head! And I can't even imagine the low 70's anymore. :-)

Here's something interesting, though: the Germans are OUT in the snow and wind and hail. Seriously. There were people out walking all day, with snow blowing sideways. :-) There is no poor weather, only poor clothing....