Friday, November 28, 2008

Delicious Military Postal Service


Can you even BELIEVE this???

Felted SUSHI....and two kits, at that. ;-) I am speechless -- but I'll find some words -- ha ha !

Patty, Patty, Patty, Patty --- what a WONDERFUL surprise for me this Thanksgiving Weekend. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU .....or rather,

Arigato Gozaimasu. Domo Arigato Gozaimasu. Anata wa go shinsetsu na.... (imagine me bowing)....I don't even remember what that last one means; but it was part of my ultra-thank-you verses from the Yokosuka days -- I think it means that you are both honorable and generous.

WHICH YOU ARE!!

How cool is that to have the miniature KNITTING things for Eliza's Doll House? You remember how I always wanted her to have the little hank of wool hanging from the line? The Doll House is techincally for ME; I've recognized that now. :-)

I love the Japanese embroidery designs in the book -- carrots and houses and wheelbarrows. So great!! And I got into the candied orange peel RIGHT AWAY. Yum, Yum, Yum!!

Felted Sushi -- how over-the-top and groovy. I can't wait to see how it comes out! Thank you, Ms. Patty - thank you so much!

What a perfect addition to Thanksgiving. :-) :-)

10 comments:

Patty said...

doitashimashite!

I have not made my sushi yet. I'm waiting for when Andrew has a break from school. Each kit is slightly different. I know what you mean about the doll house. I was wondering while buying that if I should buy an extra and start my own doll house. But surely mine would be filled with miniature trains and trucks and such.

Tanya said...

HA!

Yes, yes, yes....you should definately have your own doll house. With miniature knitting and spinning things. If you go with a "tree house" like I did, then you get away with a doll house that both boys and girls will like.

At least that is the theory that I went with, and I'm sticking to it.

You could have the train station on the ground level....and the living quarters up above. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Ok, I have to ask...what exactly is felted sushi? I can't say that I ever saw anything like that in Japan. Is this a craft or a food? :)

Tanya said...

It is felted wool in the shape of sushi...I ALSO have not seen this before now :-). But, here's something you most definately DO remember: no one, no one, no one does "cute" and "craft" like the Japanese.

I pulled the package contents out of the second one, and you can see all the wool roving (and plastic "seaweed" - ha ha!) at the top of the picture. I think I'll start with the tamago/egg one first...it looks entry-level enough for me.

;-)

I hope all is well for you -- chilly here these days for us with scraping ice on the windshield, etc.

Anonymous said...

When you get these done, you have to send me a picture. Yes, no one does kawaii like the Japanese. We still say it... :)

Welcome to my world! We had some very light flurries yesterday but nothing to speak of yet. We are all just chomping at the bit for snow.

Tell A my skis are at the ready... :)

Anonymous said...

Lisa - Alistair here. Studded snowtires are on my bike, and my skis are waxed and ready to go. I'm hoping for a lot of snow here, too. :-)

Mobileholmes said...

Making me even more excited to get to Japan and meet the fabulous Patty!

Mobileholmes said...

look, some photos!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=97441.0;topicseen

Tanya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tanya said...

So, on CRAFTSTER, I love the sushi with the sequins...and I really love the sushi with the velcro, so it can be assembled. :-) But, my favorite part was the banner which told me to "measure once, cut twice....eh, just start cutting."

ha ha!

I had to remove my last "comment" for spelling errors. :-)

So, mobileholmes, we can felt next week, as part of your journey to the Land of the Rising Sun.