Saturday, November 22, 2008

Nice Mail :-)


Look what arrived in the mail (= Alistair's Car) Thursday night -- a box of ribbons, stickers, patterned tape, tags & cartons, sparkly paper AND a Martha Paper Village kit....... :-) .....all of it cleverly wrapped and packaged from Michelle-from-Texas. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

I got into it right away -- if I was supposed to WAIT until Christmas, I admit I didn't even stop long enough to think. Open, open, open..... and we FULLY enjoyed these things the very next day when a girl from Eliza's class spent the afternoon with us.



Look at our village! The smoke is some gray wool....and by the end of the evening, there was significantly more glitter. The Martha Kit generously includes an entire test tube of ultrafine glitter..... ;-)



Thank you, Ms. Michelle!


I was remembering when you came to Nordenham to visit my host family and you brought the Taco Kit (remember that?!) -- how did you know you would again be sharing a Taste of America two decades later, as well? Clever you....hey! I know it looks like I let them have a free-for-all with the supplies, but I carefully metered out what they used. It was inconspicuous greed on my part. :-)


I'm OVER THE MOON about the things you sent and will be using them for wrapping the teacher gifts this year (have already started thinking about that....cocoa and homemade marshmallows? biscotti? rice bag warmers? any suggestions? I've got the coolest wrapping now in all of Germany....)

Lars was angry with me after lunch for stopping him at 14 meatballs ;-), but he recovered out of sheer determination to be part of the Village Making. See below how happy he was? You were the Hero of The Day, and he was probably thinking that Ms. Michelle would have let him have 14 meatballs if he wanted.... ha ha!



Am baking 2 kilos of cookies this afternoon (there's an incoming story there.... :-) .....you know how I love the "there I was" sort of story.....) -- will tell all tomorrow.


Thank you again -- I can't get over how you were THERE, without actually being there.....and your two Art Girls, as well. :-)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm so happy that YOU are happy!!!! The overwhelming question was, "What in the world do you send to someone in Germany?" You have everything there ... except overprocessed, uber-prepped decorative items! Enter, Michael's Crafts :) Seeing those pictures made my day. Syd, Madi and I had a delightful time shopping for YOU, plus the gang. I'm so thrilled you were happy.

And you are right ... YOU were supposed to open everything promptly. Never even crossed my mind to to tell you ..... :)

Tanya said...

The only way I could have been HAPPIER would have been if you and the Art Girls had been with me...

xoxoxoxo

I used the Eco Bag yesterday -- and thought it made me look hip & cool, like you. Which was nice, since a girl in Lars' class recently asked me if I was his GRANDMA. ha ha ha ha!