Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I Get To Go.... :-)



I am on my way to see Carolin -- who owns a small chateau, in what appears to be Shangri-La -- just look at the sheep!!!! This photo has been pasted in my Art Journal for two years because of the sheep - but - also because I love Carolin, and all that she touches..... ;-)

I'm over the moon.

A. will be home with the three -- in a week filled (no doubt) with a lot of sports, television and very few vegetables. No one understands "fun" quite like a Dad. :-)
ha ha ha!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're going to this fairytale-looking chateau for a week? It actually exists? The pic is amazing. You're going alone? Am I understanding all of this correctly? This looks like The Ultimate "Disneyland" for Tanya!!! Enjoy and pls tell us ALL about with LOTS of pics :) Pls take pics of the kitchen!!!!

Tanya said...

I'll send you the other photos I have -- and I wish sooooooo much you three could come with me!!!!!

This is the Carolin I know from UW who studied pastry -- went on to be the hippest pastry chef in Seattle -- married the chef from Basque Spain -- they now have TWO amazing and highly successful restaurants (tapas) in Seattle. They are planning to renovate the chateau for restaurant/hotel use....she tries to go twice a year to do something there. Hopefully planting Fruit Trees this time.

I haven't even gotten there yet, and I feel like I'm stepping into a CATALOG.

Wish you were coming, too....hey! how about THIS for Angst? It just occurred to me -- what can I POSSIBLY take this woman from Germany? Food? Wine? I think not....what do you give someone who has access to the HIGHEST quality food and wine EVERY DAY?

She was also an Exchange Student in Germany -- so I figure I could take her little pieces from her past. We'll see how it comes together....any ideas? I've got 24 hours....ha ha ha!

Mobileholmes said...

take her white wine...so of the best from this region! and remind me and i'll have a. and the kids over for food that includes nutrition:*)

Anonymous said...

It sounds absolutely fabulous! How wonderful for you :) I am envious down to my toes! Yes, take lots of pictures and tell us all about it.

Swoon once or twice for me, because I surely would be doing it over everything. Have a safe and wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

My plan is to eat like the Germans do - meat and potatoes...not a vegetable in sight.

Kelly said...

You deserve this trip! And your family will have their own adventures while you're away! I can't wait to see the other photos and hear all about your experience. You'll have to take your blog on the road:).

TUTU Monkey said...

ooooooo have a wonderful time!!! It looks charming and relaxing!!

Enjoy