Sunday, October 12, 2008

Come Take a Bike Ride with Me....




Friday was a holiday for Ian.

While Lars and Eliza were at school, we rode Ian's favorite trail. I have my own bike now (my own!!!) so I have no excuse for not using it more, A. tells me. And he's right! My bike is shiny and new and has Alistair-chosen components -- and a basket in the front! A. did not choose the basket -- I had to convince him, in fact, that the basket was a necessary item. ;-) Presumably, it's not sporty enough.

Beautiful day -- the kind that makes you feel like everything is right with the world. I appreciated that Ian wanted to show me the trail and share this happy thing he's found in riding his bike.

We did the trail in 30 minutes out and 30 minutes back; and that was full effort (had to get back in time to pick up the other two from school!) Here's the funny thing: A. only needs 14 minutes for one trip. Now how is that possible? It MUST be that he simply has a better bike....that has to be it.

;-)
ha ha ha ha!

4 comments:

Michelle Breeding said...

I love that you have your own bike and you took a stroll out together. How wonderful! It has been such a busy couple weeks here finishing up a couple classes I was taking,but now that they are done I feel a sense of relief, but sooooo drained. Anyway, my point is that I haven't looked at your blog for about that time and it always makes me smile to read what you are up to. Please keep it up!!

Miss you all and pray you are well. You all look so happy and great!!

Blessings,
Michelle

Kelly said...

You look good on a bike! I think the basket is slowing you down aerodynamically:). But, I understand the need for the basket:).

Enjoy your new bike!

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine that bike w/o the basket - it looks just right! :)
I love it - a leisurely fall bike ride...and then huffing it back to be on time for Pick Up! Sounds just perfect. Glad to see another pic of you, T. You look great!

Tanya said...

Well -- THANK YOU for the compliments. I think the basket completes the "look" as well. :-)
A.drew the line at a wicker basket, though, and went with sturdy metal. Either way, he's glad I've got it now, since it's there to hold his vest ;-) when he gets too warm. ha ha!