Saturday, October 18, 2008

Schloss Glatt




I went on another trip with the History Lovers today ....to a castle with a MOAT.

These trips are such a perfect mini-vacation for me -- all by myself with the History Lovers -- no pressure, no rules, no distractions. Plus, there are always women in the group who take care of me (which I LOVE....) One woman actually gave me part of her drink tonight (a regional beer, apparently, and she felt I should have a taste since I'm "new" ) and another told me that under no circumstances should I ever buy Maultaschen - a sort of ravioli - from anywhere but from a certain butcher. I love how they gently argue amongst themselves about the best recipe or best place to have coffee. And I listen and copy shamelessly -- I'm going straight to that butcher this week. ;-)

Wait a minute......now I see why I love these trips so much: instead of my everyday life of settling endless arguments and pulling snacks & water bottles from my purse, in this particular group of older women, I AM THE CHILD.

ha ha ha!

A. and the kids had a good time while I was gone, as well -- Swedish Meatballs and Ice Cream at IKEA. But, I think we'll return to Schloss Glatt as a family sometime -- the kids would really like it, and I have been advised today that one of the finest places for Afternoon Coffee is in a Cafe there. ;-) Can't go wrong......

No comments: