Saturday, October 25, 2008

Birthday Cake


Lars is TEN.

.... & I have barely wrapped my head around Eliza being six.... ;-)

We went with a "Molehill" Birthday Cake (from those good people at Dr. Oetker...ha ha!) -- inside is a layer of bananas with chocoloate-chip whipping cream to make the "hill" -- the dirt is crumbled cake. This cake mix has a lot of possibilities and I'm already thinking of sending some out to different people (although, TRUTHFULLY, I should probably get the CURRENT packages mailed.....I think I have at least three or four waiting, waiting, waiting for the customs declarations... AHA! I got that Popcorn Money mailed out to Owen, though!! )

Alongside the cake, we ALSO went with two full days of Birthday Celebration, (Lars has been planning it for awhile.....he's eaten either Schnitzel or Pancakes for six meals straight, since Friday morning.) Today was Legoland -- I am hopeful that tomorrow he'll be interested in giving a summary. We'll see -- I know how much he loves to post here, after all.
ha ha ha! :-)

4 comments:

MichelleB said...

Happy Birthday to Lars!!!! Love the cake and his idea of meals would work for me. Great cake. You have to get the recipe up on here or facebook. Love the idea of Legoland also. We are a bit jealous about that. I keep discussing legoland to the kids and I tell them we would have to go to Germany, well I know there is one in CA and FL I think, but in anycase. I would love to go there and the playmobil place. Great ideas. Blessings, Michelle

Patty said...

Lars is 10. That is not possible is it? He looks so grown up. Where does the time go?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LARS!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LARS!!!!! Sounds like it was really great. We have never seen a Mole Hill Cake before, very cool. Enjoy your PJ day and feel better soon!
Adelaide, Mr Scott and Ms Trish

Anonymous said...

Lars,
Happy B-day!!!
I wish I could go to Legoland with you. Owen

Your b-day cake is beautiful!
Hope you had a great b-day.
The Jacksons