Today at Church I realized that the very thing I struggle with there, (the language) is the same thing I love there. I like how it feels to hear the same announcements, same prayer requests, same readings -- even sermons SO SIMILAR to Great Bridge -- & the only differences are the names and the language they are using. I'm an addict to that moment.
And the message this morning was about Identity Crisis -- how perfectly, flawlessly, well-timed to my own swirl of ups and downs. The reading was 2 Cor 1:21-22 and the message was that we can know our identity through the Holy Spirit, no matter where we are.
:
I was struck by the idea that the "Holy Spirit Highlighter" - using a Great Bridge idiom - could even reach me through another language.
Significant, significant to my ears -- recently I started looking at how much of my Identity came from what I did with my days in Great Bridge. The whole thing began from one sentence in an e-mail from the wise and grounded pkvines.....and caused me to take a hard look at myself during this mostly-happy-adjustment here. In classic Tanya Form, there was lots of unecessary analysis ...and even navel gazing....but that's who I am. ;-)
Either way, I feel a step further in the positive direction (CRITICAL right now with the unpredictable peaks and valleys the kids are providing -- totally normal, and even necessary, for them to swing between love and hate at this time; but the toll of that whole kid-pendulum is like a vampire.....and I'm trying to find the emotional garlic ;-) - ha ha! )
Other than THAT, A. hung pictures yesterday and I suddenly felt like I could BREATHE -- I had no idea how cluttered I was mentally, with the last remnants of the move waiting to be sorted out. He is the BEST...... !!!
He also offered to work in my "studio" upstairs, but that actually took my breath away (terror) since he's fairly heavy-handed with filling the trash cans..... and I am a known pack-rat. ;-)
My friend Hendrike is coming tomorrow -- she doesn't know it yet, but she is bringing with her a little bit of Niedersachsen, as well as a little bit of what Angela brought me. I've got my Ostfriesian Tea and rock sugar at the ready. Moin, Moin...ich freue mich schon darauf. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment