Saturday, February 6, 2010

Milk Bottles



I finally found the Milk Place.   This is the Milk Place where you fill your bottles with organic whole milk -- but it is way out in the countryside.   Mobileholmes (mozzarella, last winter) had to guide me from her new home in JAPAN on the directions, but I found it! :-)   Plus, I still have her milk bottles. 



Just LOOK at that!   I got really carried away with the whole milk-self-service......



.......and it's only 80 Euro Cents per liter!!!

Ready for this?  OPEN 24 hours a day.  That is an American's DREAM!! 

[If Katie is reading this, she now knows from the photo that I technically didn't find it by myself.....in fact, Alistair found it and  I simply enjoyed the reward.   He shocked me by saying:   I bike out here all the time.  But that is another story. ]



Who would guess that such treasure would be tucked inside this non-glamorous, non-descript building?


The farmers helpfully placed a sign out on the road - for people like me - and I could not be MORE grateful.  We never did get around to making mozzarella this time.  No, we drank it.    :-)

2 comments:

Mobileholmes said...

Of course Alistair is your savior! That's why you married him:*)

NANA said...

LOOKS BEAUTIFUL--SOUNDS FUN--AND LOW COST TOO??? (What's that in US coin?) Hard to believe it's low cost TOO! What a happy find, in any event!! I so fondly remember the old refillable glass bottles...keen. (Oh, did your dad tell you Aunt Edie gave him a whole stack of paper bottle caps from the old King family dairy? I'm thinking I should make Christmas tree ornaments or something for everyone as a keepsake...(something to think about between now and December)
Any ideas? (Easy enough for me?)