Sunday, February 7, 2010

Winter Riding

This is Ian.  On my bike ride home from a scout lock-in (where my troop slept inside our scout hut, played video games, watched movies, stayed up to 0300 in the morning and went rock climbing), my mom wanted me to stop and take pictures of the ride through the fresh snow, (about 2-3 inches on top of a layer of ice).  My bike handled nicely, due to my studded tires.


Not a surprise, I was the only one on the trail riding a bike sucessfully  the whole way.  All the people I passed were on skis, walking their dogs while skiing or just skiing for fun.  On the side of the trail going across a field, the city had groomed two tracks side by side, but they weren't very good for the kind of skiing my family likes to do.


For about a kilometer after leaving the base, there were tracks of one other cyclist in the snow, about every 100-200 meters, the tracks would slip out, and the ground around the tracks would be flattened and trampled, showing a crash.  After about a kilometer of this, the tracks had footprints next to them.  I guess the cyclist just gave up and walked.

1 comment:

NANA said...

Ian! How did you all get so good at these blogs??? Concise,clear, interesting,informative...and...perfect photos!!! Wow!!! I loved it!
(And I love you)
P.S. Late getting your "January
Report" off, but hopefully in the mail this week.