Sunday, November 1, 2009

Unravelling Backwards


Cocoa Picnic on the woods' trail -- wearing the thick-wool sweater Gran knit for Eliza.


We just finished a week of Autumn Vacation...and it was great: lots of sunshine, lots of fresh air, lots of playing outside. There was also a sort of VBS at Church during the whole week, themed as a Discovery Tour with Martin Luther -- all about the history of his role in the Church, the translation of the Bible into German and the Reformation. I thought it was wonderfully done...there were even costumes for each child. :-)

Alistair and Ian had some days off last week because they were both sick with chest colds. I breezed through the week of sunshine, fresh air and history telling myself that I could help half my family get better with tea and soup, while keeping the other half of my family healthy at VBS and outside in the sunshine-y afternoons.

I'm a fool.




THIS MORNING....Sunday....both Lars and Eliza were flushed, fevery, coughing; and guess who else has a scratchy throat?

So, I'm stumbling around in that foggy mist that makes you accidentally spill the Nyquil into the basket of hair bands and clips.

Ian agreed to boil some eggs for us this morning...which I REALLY appreciated:


I'd forgotten that we had these little egg cozies in the cupboard. I appreciated that, too. :-)


...and was very, very grateful I'd made the Impulse Buy of (expensive) Mikans last week. They are worth every penny, I now realize. Faced with the quandary of Lars and Eliza missing at least some school this week, I am glad that I have these little oranges, because I can't seem to THINK about what to feed them. This is the biggest problem with the MOTHER getting sick, as well.


Oh, and someone egged our house last night.




Now, here's a set of pictures I SHOULD have thought to take....because as Eggings go, this one was really superior. Not only did they get it in between the metal slat blinds covering an upstairs window, it was perfectly positioned to take full advantage of the morning sun, thereby BAKING onto the slats, frame and windowpane.

They even used one of those nice brown eggs, with the bright orange yolks.

Now, see? What a shame I don't know whose work this is ;-)....for I would so enjoy passing along my compliments....as well as my cold....to them.


;-) ;-)

1 comment:

Mobileholmes said...

mmmmmm.....been eating them like a FIEND!