Saturday, November 7, 2009

Rearranging Myself




We are all better now and recovering here in our house.

Although the kids missed FOUR days of school, running a private hospital did give me some streamlining in the kitchen. It occurred to me after a year of craning past the open dishwasher to put the teapot away on the top- top shelf, that it didn't have to stay that way.

Outdated and Inefficient:




A house full of coughing, sniffly people helped me to see that really nothing coming out of the dishwasher can ever go on that top shelf.

New and Improved:




The Olivia Lunchbox has a new job: holding medicines (it will all get trashed the next time we get a cold...but, for now, it's looking chic - ha ha!)





I know -- I'm overwhelmed with how glamorous my life really is ..... ;-)

3 comments:

Padden4 said...

I love rearranging! I am so glad that everyone is back on their feet. What did you knit while everyone was laid low? I keep going back and forth between knitting and crocheting. I need another knitting lesson. I am having too many problems. Obviously holding my hands wrong and they keep cramping on me.

By the way, your cupboards look wonderful and yes, in a way that is glamorous that it gives you peace.

Mobileholmes said...

that Olivia is so darned talented:*)

Tanya said...

I love rearranging, too....at least now that it's DONE. Too often, I find the right arrangement and flow right before it's time to move again. ha ha!

For knitting I finished the leg warmers that go with a pattern in the Carefree Clothes for Girls book....and I started "re-purposing" an old blue wooly sweater from college. I have a whole STORY that goes along with that. You know how I am with my stories...;-)

I think it's normal to have your hands "rebel" a little when switching between crochet and knit. Crocheting has never worked for me, even though I've tried to learn a few times. It would be nice if we could swap lessons with each other, wouldn't it?

Mobileholmes - Olivia finally has JOB. Those lunch boxes, as you know, are too big and bulky for the snack the kids take to school here. We are using our Japanese ones. :-)