Saturday, November 14, 2009

Robot Wednesdays



Mommy: Lars, what do you want to say about the robots?

Lars: Every Wednesday I go to Robot Club. We build Lego Robots there. It's a lot of fun. I am with my friend Timo in a group. We just built a Mousetrap Robot where if you press a button the jaws snap together. I tried it out on my hand, but it didn't hurt.

Mommy: Can you say something about the one in the photo?

Lars: The robot above is made to go like a car an then when it's about to hit a wall, it stops goes back turns around and keeps going. Now we are working on a robot that is supposed to follow a black line.

Mommy: Do you think that Eliza wishes she could come to robots, too?

Lars: No.

Mommy: Really?



Lars: [Getting up to leave.....] Gut! Ich habe alles erzählt....


Apparently Lars sees an extra layer of finality in using German to tell me that he's explained everything. Either way, I LOVE this Robot Club.....and Timo is the perfect partner for him. Timo has already worked ahead independently on the programming, just for fun. :-) Works out GREAT for us. It's fair to say that Lars is enjoying this club A LOT more than the Hockey Club he was in last year. ;-)

No comments: