Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Kitchen Sink

 
This is a beautiful sink -- it's roomy, and the faucet pulls out to become a sprayer.  It's very nice.  Plus, the small spigot on the left is a HOT water dispenser.  At first I thought this was the most un-essential and exaggerated luxury....but, I've since changed my opinion about this :-) and feel that every single household should have this.  It is divine. 

 
And then it broke.  Not the hot water spigot, though...just the main faucet.  


I can't seem to turn this landscape....but, in real life, it's a landscape photo.
 
It broke in such a way that sprayed water everywhere;  almost like a cartoon, in fact. 


 
There was also water everywhere underneath, as it all ran right down that loop of hose in the center.    No problem - it was just water.  An easy clean-up.   

I had a helper.

 
See?  Imagine what a good little helper he is.


this was not nearly as cute when the detergents were still there....
 
;-)  ha ha! 

Ahh.....but, this isn't really all that tragic, because I have another sink a few steps away in what is called the "bryggers"....


there's a sink between the recycling and bin of detergents
 
....and make no mistake, I AM GRATEFUL for this second sink.

I know it looks like a scene from "Hoarders," but we can't really have anything on the floor these days.....here's the reason for that:

:-)

Anyway, anyway....the bryggers sink is about the same size as the one I had in Germany for three years. 

bryggers sink WITH my new coffeepot :-).....
 
Plus, it runs hot and cold water.  It is apparently the "junior luxury" for when the "varsity luxury" goes missing. 

The Plumber (to whom I now have an everlasting devotion...) came and gave the faucet a temporary fix, which means he cut the hose and wrapped duct tape around the tubing so it stays out and usable.  I don't have a picture of that.....but, it works!   I can use the kitchen sink again, while I wait for the replacement hose to arrive.  

Coffee preparation has, therefore, not been interrupted: 

happy sight :-)...an induction-friendly coffee pot


PLUS.....PLUS.....Alistair just called to tell me that we have dinner parties now on both Saturday AND Sunday.  This weekend.  Running water should never be taken for granted.

3 comments:

NANA said...

You can always make me laugh...(What a trial...at this time...with that to do)..Cute little water-cleaner-upper you have there...God bless and help you my dear...I'm sure all will go very, very well...in spite of all the troubles :)

Sally said...

Just saw that you are overseas again. I love your posts...you are an amazing hostess, mother, artist, etc. I want to be like you when I grow up!

Hugs to you all, from southwest Missouri, home of the humid tornado!

Tanya said...

Sally! How nice of you to visit! :-) I look at your ravelry photos every now and then.....am eager to start back knitting myself. I have some nice frog green Wollmeise waiting to become socks. Or booties. Or BOTH, since Wollmeise is so generous with the yardage!