I can't believe I let another two weeks go by.
Oh, wait. YES, I can. :-)
Lots and lots and lots of social things have taken place inside these walls over here.
And outside the walls, too.
We started Eliza's 10th Birthday with cupcakes going to school.
Plus, a stripey dress.
Family party in the evening.....
.....with drawing books from Uncle Eric :-).....
....and ROLLER SKATES from the sporty dad living in our house.
Next day:
Let the sports begin.
Sporty Girl in her pink skates. :-)
The next week:
getting ready by coloring on the paper tablecloth
A birthday party with ten friends.
SCIENCE theme. Very fun, very organized, very well thought out by the party planner.
Touch, smell, taste boxes.
A giddy thrill of wool & gummies, vanilla & limes, apples & chocolate.
Giant bubbles.
Always a hit :-).
Backyard Scavenger Hunt.
I've been saving this idea for about a year now on my Pinterest page.
Then.....a pH testing experiment.....
.......which went COMPLETELY off-road with rogue mixing, overflowing, bubbling, hysterical discovery.
Which is why I only have these few photos.
The party planner
completely underestimated the
enthusiastic reaction which would occur when cabbage juice changes color by the addition of lemon juice. Or, vinegar. Or, dish soap.....baking soda.
Or, ALL of them.
But, there was only one spill on the carpet --
and the party planner is chastened and humbled. She is also quite relieved that none of her guests were fumigated by an exotic combination.
;-)
ten birthday cakes -- one for each child, with a candle.
Birthday fun. Whew.
2 comments:
Lovely! You always do such a wonderful job with birthdays. And I love to see how you have settled in to the house. Looks like Eliza has made new friends and all seems to be going well. So glad to see. You have been on my mind with all that is going on in the world at the moment. I know you are safe, but I'm still adding extra prayers.
(Amen, to Padden 4's prayers) And I'm so happy to see Eliza had fun for birthday(s)...stripey dress and roller skating outfit so very adorable...(I'll bet she's become very, very good at the skating...quickly...huh?) You pulled off another great party...lots of good memories for everyone...God bless your good heart (Please take care of Tanya too :)
Post a Comment