Sunday, September 23, 2012

Dog Obedience

 
Here we are at the first day of school.


:-)

 
A large group of puppies, full of energy, full of mischief. 

 
Especially our boy. 


 
It's going okay....but, it's in Danish.  Which means it's hard.  Especially since the group fans out in a wide circle with the instructor talking from the center, while turning slowly from one side to the other.  Most of what I hear is the following:

"Det vigtigste  -- at huske --  er  -- dansk, dansk, dansk..."
[The most important thing -- to remember --  is -- danish, danish, danish...]

Another thing that has become a challenge is that our little angel sometimes gets sooooooo fired up, he gets a little.....

.....vicious. 


 
Hard to believe such a sweet ball of cuddly puppy can turn into a small chainsaw, but this one certainly does.

 
So, we had to get some private lessons. 

 
The woman who came to help us floated in through the door on a cloud of mellow confidence.  Like a Danish Dog Whisperer.  She told us this is all perfectly normal.  She also told us we are smart to address this at 14 weeks, instead of waiting until he's older. 

Skipper underneath his bed, digging a hole to the other side of the earth....
 
We are paying through the nose for these private lessons, but I think it's pretty much worth it. 

 
Little puppy fluff -- he looks so innocent. 

quiet time with Lars
 
And he really is so sweet.....


 
....until he starts to eat the upholstery. ;-)

4 comments:

Padden4 said...

I had to chuckle, I can so relate. I really hope your lessons go well for everyone and knowing you will have a well behaved dog is the best part. Good luck to all of you! ;)

NANA said...

Ha! You are funny...(and how smart you are to do all the tutor things...I always wished we'd done that with our dogs) I don't remember that Orphius was a chewer..or a biter...was he? He must have been...it's a puppy thing...you must have handled it well..(I had no time to train him) (Beyond swatting and scolding him..which I understand good pet owners can no longer do? :)

Heidi said...

Skipper is so cute! Can't wait to meet him in person!

Tanya said...

Heidi!!! :-) I'm so glad you're heading this way soon -- with the sweetest, most wondeful little baby in the whole world. xoxo

Mom and Padden4 - Oh, yes. He is such a handful. But, there are some things I *do* scold him for: jumping into the dishwasher, chewing electrical plugs, digging into couch, taking my shoe off to ferociously chew....that sort of thing. :-)