Sunday, September 7, 2008

Saving Time In A Bottle.....


.....and I would do it, too, if I could.

She turned 6 today. I asked Eliza if she would consider being FIVE for one more year. Just one more year......FIVE has always been the hardest age for me to see leave. :-(

She still skips next to me when we walk on the sidewalk, but she's too big to ride in the grocery cart. She still wants me to read to her, but she tells me less and less of what Sniffy and Tutu are doing.

Although, that said.....there is still some hope for SIX: last month she told me that Tutu would be having 8 kittens today - on her Birthday. And in a swift, and seemingly-psychic move, my mother sent Eliza a gift to open today for Tutu's kittens.....(from Nana's cats, naturally.)
:
Those cat toys were her FAVORITE gift. Tutu reappeared suddenly in our lives and "meowed" the number of kittens she had birthed to that point (everyone will be relieved to know that all eight arrived safely ;-)....)

Alistair: Will all those new kittens will be living in your room?

Eliza: Of course, Dad....they like me best. And they sleep on my chest at night.

Okay, maybe six will be good, too.
:
PS: Thank you to the Wevleys both for the phone call AND the red top in the photo above -- although the Pinkalicious Cupcake is blurry, one can see that the red top is the perfect complement to being SIX. This is certainly what Eliza decided. :-)
:
PPS: Thank you as well to Gran and Grandpa for the phone call with good wishes! Eliza was flying a KITE in the backyard at the moment you called - hopefully this explains her coming to the phone out of breath.

9 comments:

Michelle Breeding said...

Happy Birthday Eliza!! Hope your day was special. I know having that cupcake had to be fun! Also going on those wonderful walks with your family. You all take care of each other. We miss you all.

blessings,
Michelle

Patty said...

Hi Eliza...

6 is really cool. Happy Birthday!!

Andrew

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Eliza. Tyree is VERY jealous! Not of the "pinkalicious" cupcake of course but that Eliza got to fly a kite "and she's only 6 Mom!!! Like it is all MY fault!!
I am in awe at all the things you get done!! I can barely keep School, Scouts and Soccer organized!!! Very impressive!!
Take care
Robyn & the gang

PS - I was sad to see 5 go too! It was a good year for all 3 of ours!

Mobileholmes said...

Happy Birthday Eliza! We wish we could have been there too!

Tanya said...

What nice comments to help me adjust to "6" :-)....THANK YOU Michelle for your good wishes (those are the same cupcakes from the Allergy Safe recipe we found that year, remember? -- and we are still loyal, since they are sooooooo delicious!)

ANDREW!!!! ANDREW!!!! Eliza is going to German School next week -- and she is going to be JUST LIKE YOU -- except it won't be in Japanese. ;-) We miss you and Ethan AND your mom and dad....please tell your dad that Mr. Alistair bought Ms. Tanya a BIKE; and please tell your mom to update her blog. :-)

Robyn -- I feel your exhaustion -- and I don't have even near your activities that come along with older kids. Our one activity is Scouts. That's it. And it's because I am a selfish and greedy mother :-) who says: No, that's too many things. ha ha ha! I was envious of Jenn last night, as I imagined her putting all four children on the bus in one, big GO..... Maybe someday. Maybe. We'll see. Right now I'm just getting the routine of three kids in three schools.

For Tyree: Auntie Tanya has been very, VERY truant in sending your gifts again this year. She has plenty of guilt about it though. :-) ha ha! also -- it was a beginner kite that flew behind her as she ran.

MOBILE HOLMES: There are twelve more cupcakes in the freezer for the Child Party I will have to organize for the end of September. :-) Am looking forward to hearing about the Venetian Festival.

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Happy 6th Birthday, Eliza!! That is the most fabulous Pinkalicious cupcake ever! Have a wonderful time this month - because the WHOLE month is yours, not just your special day. Enjoy celebrating every day in some way! :)
-Ms Trish, Mr Scott and "Baby" Adelaide

MichelleB said...

Tanya,

When you get the chance, can you please send me the recipe again? I have done a cake with the flour you gave me,but not the cupcakes yet at home. I would love to do them. They look so good. We are going up to MD for my mom's bday and she did want a cake, but typcially we just do safe brownies, but the cupcakes would be perfect to do ahead of time. Also the frosting if you did that and I am sure you did.

I hope you enjoy your bike. That is great!

Have a blessed day,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day Eliza from Emma J

Ms. Tanya, can you make me a pink fairy cupcakes too? Emma

You're one lucky girl...Emma's mommy

Anonymous said...

Tanya,
No guilt allowed!!! It takes too much energy :-) Energy that is better used on spoiling yourself now all the kids are in school :-)
Huggs
Robyn