Thursday, September 11, 2008

Lars Goes to School


Mommy: Lars, would you be interested in writing out a few lines about what your school is like?....

Lars: Okay..

Mommy: ....on the blog?

Lars: On the BLOG? I didn't know you were asking that....

Mommy: Well, how about you just tell me about your school and I'll type it?

Lars: Okay....that's better...

Mommy: What's your favorite thing about your school?

Lars: Oh, that's easy - Sport! We get to choose which games we play.

Mommy: What is your second favorite thing about your school?

Lars: The breaks.

:-)

And thus ended the first-week-of-school-interview, in which I discovered Lars dislikes typing.
:
Lars also said that he likes his short day, and that he gets noodles and schnitzel for lunch -- I've gone the extra mile this week to make it special and fun for him. This school is a good deal for us -- he is NOT at Eliza's school, but at one which has classes for children who are not native speakers of German. There are 8 children in his class - from all over the world. Lars was pretty nervous about going the first day, but he has been able to understand everything the teacher says, and that gave him a huge confidence boost. BBC Muzzy gets all the credit there..... it's worth every penny!

Miss Elizabeth begins her school on Saturday. Stay tuned. ;-)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

So glad to hear Lars is enjoying his first week. Which countries are his classmates from? Your international adventure just got more international:)!

Kathryn had her second piano lesson today but was practicing at the house this morning. She was just playing and singing. When she finished, she asked me, "Mama, did you like my song? It was about being with Eliza?"

Tanya said...

I can't get over how sweet Kathryn is.....but more than that, I LOVE her creativity for making a song about an experience!!! Go Kathryn!! :-)

We are planning to call this weekend (times work out not great with you-in-school plus our school-bedtimes ;-) -- I thought about trying to catch you in your morning, but so far I can't seem to extricate from the whirlwind of kid-afternoons here....weekend it is, then.) Eliza has received the over-the-top unicorn this week (THANK YOU!) and she has taken it everwhere. She pretends to ride it - really - and makes the clop, clop, clop noises going down the street. ;-) Kathryn's gift has hit a bullseye I didn't even know was there! She loved the playmobil as well....and thank you for the sweet card :-)

WE LOVE THE MAP. LOVE THE MAP. LOVE THE MAP. thank you for that!!

Mobileholmes said...

Would LOVE to see Lars do another interview!