It was a nice day trip to Strasbourg.....and there were plenty of older women among the group who were happy to advise me, fret over me & take care of me (my favorite thing!!)
Doesn't the cathedral look like lace? The inner city is an island, so there is water everywhere....as well as flowers. And my lunch came with that little pitcher of wine!
While I was gone, A. took the kids to Legoland and McDonalds -- I think it is fair to say that they had JUST as much fun as I did. :-)
On Sunday, our Church had a visiting Pastor again......I think my ears just train themselves to the "first person I hear" because I had trouble following him, in comparison to the regular Pastor. But, I followed the reading from Psalm 119:105, it being very famous about the lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path...... ;-)
We'll see how I do next Sunday. Oh! It's BRUNCH SUNDAY next week -- I almost forgot!!! My children will LOVE that -- I need to think about what dish to take. I want it to be American Comfort Food - something perfect for Autumn.
Alistair would suggest Seven Layer Dip ;-) without hesitation......
2 comments:
Craig made a delicious egg strata in the crockpot that we took to our first church potluck at our church in Anacortes. Let me know if you're interested in the recipe:). I can't help with ideas for those beautiful nuts!
egg strata is a great idea - thank you for that!! pkvines also suggested a four-cheese macaroni or roasted vegetable casserole. I am excited about the options...although the one other American there told me that his baked beans were NOT a hit, and warned me against anything too "exotic" ha ha ha! :-)
Post a Comment