We moved from one visit right into another! :-)
And I took almost no photos....not intentionally, but just because I am forgetful and easily distracted.
Kelly suggested I could use the photo I had of the 3 girls looking at a caterpillar -- which was BRILLIANT and could have therefore been cleverly titled: The Very Hungry Caterpillar ;-) -- but my shots were disappointingly blurry.
So, here is the Tree Xylophone from the walking trails; with three of the six children :-) we had with our combined families. They left to continue their journey this morning, but not before the Loaner Furniture Removal Men arrived (four hours early) to collect the furniture out from underneath us.
It was like Musical Chairs...... but with no prize, really. ha ha ha!
Either way, I send Kelly's family very best wishes on their next several stops, which should be amazing and wonderful! :-) They have a truly impressive itinerary planned!
As for ME - my household goods arrive tomorrow. I am already thinking of ways to distract myself (intentionally, that is....ha ha ha!) and was seriously considering asking Mobileholmes if I could use her sewing machine to make Eliza a dress. I'm not kidding.
In the current reality of my furniture-less house, however, I realize that beginning a sewing project 18 hours before 12 crates arrive is probably not the wisest choice.
I'll find an alternative ;-)
7 comments:
This is a great picture! I was thinking you may put something up from Kelly's visit. I bet they all had so much fun even with the "musical chairs." I know that has to be a bit frustrating but if anyone can get through this you can! You all are in my prayers each day. Everything will be just fine. I wish you the best of luck with household goods and hope to hear that everything you wanted is save and sound at the home. Have a blessed day.
I'm not sure that the Musical Chairs were so much fun....but they were all very patient with the movers. :-)
I want to thank you very, very much for your prayers -- I will certainly need them as I squeeze Chesapeake into this house. Thank you Michelle... but I want to hear about the school plan! Are you starting after Labor Day?
As far as school plans, we are starting after Labor day. I am going to try and follow the school calendar as much as possible. He and I have been doing things here and there, but really I just wanted to see where he was. I am using Horizons Math, Phonics, and Reading, but supplementing with many other things. We are ready.
I did start two more classes of my own on Monday but good to go. I still am trucking along to finish Aug. 2009. I take 3 sememester by taking one, then two every 8 weeks. Thankfully, I have the longest break from Dec 12-Jan 12. That is good for holiday madness at times and school for Ryan and Ashley with parties, so we are good to go. I am thrilled and even have thought about Ashley in the future if her gymnastics hours continue to be late and demading. Although she is thriving in school and that is just fine.
What about you? Have the kids started?
Prayers will keep coming your way.
I meant to say 3 classes a semester.....(must be so tired from staying up watching the Olympics) :)
Would you like me to bring it over?
We did love the xylophone and thank you so much for your overwhelming hospitality, Tanya! I know our trip fell at a crazy time for you as you get settled into your wonderful new home and back to school, but we are so glad that we were able to share some time with you and your family. THANK YOU for everything!
We arrived home last night - flew home with the cargo on a C17 to McGuire and drove home 6 hours from there. We had an incredible adventure through Germany and Austria. You will love Garmisch and Salzburg!
Ask Kathryn her favorite part of the trip - seeing Eliza. Special thanks to all your children for sharing their space and toys!
Good luck with back to school. I look forward to hearing all about it!
I'm glad you were able to come :-)
You certainly have one of the finest MAC stories EVER, as far as success goes! Wow! It was all your good planning.....
Kathryn is very, very sweet to say the playing with Eliza is her favorite memory, but I'm not sure I'd want to go head-to-head with Maria Von Trapp and the Salzburg Tour :-) :-) -- what a dream-come-true that must have been for Kathryn. I'm eager to see a photo of the DRESS....
Post a Comment