Alistair here. Lars and I went camping in southern Germany this weekend (Garmisch Partenkirchen).
Bullets of the Weekend & Lessons Learned - Navy SWO Style:
-Why did we leave at 7pm on Friday to arrive at 10:30 pm and set up camp in the rain?
-Always look to see what countries you are driving through when traveling in Europe (I did not know we were going through Austria…good thing it’s an EU country and I didn’t need a passport).
-A three person tent is really only good for two people (good thing it was just Lars and I).
-It’s time for new air mattresses.
-When starting a hike, wear less clothing than you think you need – you’ll get warm fast.
-Always bring sunglasses, even if you don’t think you’ll need them (I left them behind).
-Why did we walk UP the trail and take the gondola and the horse carriage ride DOWN?
-No one does a woodpile like the Germans.
-120 meter ski jumps are really steep, especially when you are walking up the stairs.
-Why did those German guys in the parade wear ”socks” around only their calves? Their ankles must get cold.
-Travel photos of waiters/waitresses carrying multiple liter mugs of beer really are true.
-The breakfast buffet at the Edelweiss is not that good.
-The Tirol region of Austria really is pretty in the daytime.
-Drivers on the autobahn go really really fast.
-Legoland is fun.
4 comments:
I stayed home with the other two.
And If I had gone with? Lars would NEVER have stood so close to the edge of that ski jump, I can tell you that right now..... ;-)
These are such great photos. It is so beautiful there in Germany. You all must be having a blast seeking out all these neat new places.
I liked the SWO style lessons learned Alistair. Good lessons to learn and surely the same mistakes won't happen twice?!
Thank you for all these great write ups and pics. Just love to read what you all are up to. Keep it up!
Sounds like a fun camping trip and it looks like we need to pack rain and colder weather gear! So glad that each of your children are getting to do fun things - and you, too! I might be crazy, but we're still going to give it a go this weekend! Did I mention waffles on Luke's list??
I so hope it work out!
Hi Kelly! Sounds like you are a go for the family to go out to visit Tanya and family? I read the past comments and saw you might try. That is great! Wish we could afford something like that! What fun! Good for you all and have a wonderful time. Be sure to get pics to add to this blog.
Take care and God bless you and your family.
Post a Comment