Thursday, August 7, 2008

Better Moods





A. is quick to point out that some exercise would help us all feel better along our journey of adjustment :-) -- it's his answer to every ailment. Need to solve a problem? RUN. Feeling out of sorts? BIKE.

We went for a walk on some trails near our house -- there are forest-activity spots spread out over 13 km** within an enormous network of paths. This particular stream-activity had lost one of it's labels, and I was only able to make out that it had something to do with sediment in the stream bed. Bucket was set up & waiting for interactive tests.....my three were on this RIGHT AWAY.

Mud, a creek with tiny fish & massive opportunities for falling IN: it just doesn't get any better than that.

They were reluctant to leave this spot, and said it reminded them of Nana's.
:
Turns out, A. was right: Ian is now reading quietly on the porch, Lars and Eliza are playing quietly in their rooms. I wish I could press a "repeat" button and just savor this for hours. But, I'm pretty sure A. will tell me I have to earn this contentment the old-fashioned way by hitting the path again tomorrow.
:
**I need to clarify that we NEVER manage the whole 13km in one go, with our familiar symphony of : "I'm tired - Slow down, Mom - I'm hungry - How much longer? - Aaahh! A Bee!!" I feel victorious if we get 60 minutes total: 1/2 an hour out, 1/2 an hour back. Can't go wrong with that. ;-)

2 comments:

Michelle Breeding said...

Sounds like a wonderful outing no matter how long it was. It obviously worked! Possibly a walk like that every other day may bring some peace. You all do look happy and that is truly a blessing.

Anonymous said...

Are my eyes playing tricks or are the kids positively glowing with light? They all seem to have halos! Great photos, T!