Eliza and her wonderful friend, Kathryn, had a slumber party this week.....(photo above)....and her mother is graciously letting me use both her computer AND her photo stash :-).
The last week of the move was FILLED with all kinds of near-tragedies and misses, but I don't want to remember those squirming moments in my lurching toward today. What I WILL remember though, is how all the love and support and friendship of the people around me made the unhappy moments / crises seem not so bad after all. I could not have survived without them.....dear, sweet friends who let me impose upon them over and over and over. Really patient, understanding friends. The kind you read about in books..... ;-)
Time to go.....and I am really, really sad to leave all this love that lives here.
xoxoxoxoxo
3 comments:
This is Kathryn's mom posting:). I too am really, really sad to see you and your family leave. Through my tears, I am also really, really happy to have gotten to know you over the past 2 years. Eliza has been a dear friend to Kathryn. It will hit Kathryn soon as she has asked almost daily "can Eliza play?" Tanya, you also have been a dear friend to me. I have so many wonderful memories of mommy moments, church talks, your saving me during my worst-ever week of deployment that left me in the hospital for 3 days with Grace, cocktail parties, tea parties, your most thoughtful gift to me of my art journal and home-made bags and more. I feel good about each duty station if I leave with one good friend - and I know I have found that life-long friendship with you, Tanya. We will come visit you! And we wish you all the best in your exciting German adventure! I know you will embrace it with your German speaking family!
Safe Flight!
Mo says to come and visit soon!!!
I'll keep you in my prayers. Have a safe flight. My box arrived yesterday and we were all thrilled with the goodies. I am honored to have Ethan wear the Ian, Lars, Eliza sweater. Ethan was thrilled to play in the peanuts. He is so easy to please :) I love love love the bamboo. I need to get back to spinning and that little bag is calling me back. FYI...bamboo is from a farm where my parents are from in upstate NY. Population 750 or something. I can't believe I didn't know it was there. I'm forwarding the info on to Suzie. She' always looking for something to do during her mom's naptime when visiting...you Tanya found the perfect distraction.
Post a Comment