Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Paper Chain


Eliza and I made a paper chain to count down the days until Dad arrives. Color-coded to mark significant days in the last two weeks....

Patty! Look at the skirt I made from the Nani Iro fabric you sent me....I still have to figure out how to "save" the first one (in blue) I nearly ruined by not following the "measure twice, cut once" rule.

By the way, I cannot say enough good things about having a friend in Japan who will send you fabric. Even when you yourself let her sons' birthday gifts languish in a corner for a year, or so.....and then go on to actually MAKE something for your own daughter and shamelessly post it for all to see.

Either way, EVERYONE needs a friend in Japan who will forgive and forget - as well as send fabric - with the same compassion as Patty. :-)

1 comment:

Patty said...

I LOVE the skirt. It is so pretty. I have yet to do anything with the nani iro that I bought. Have you thought about maybe a handbag from the "trial" cut piece?