walking from the train station
the lanterns are extra nice in the snow :-)
photo of Bornholm's coast on the wall over our table
under a coat hook -- a detail about the "old fashioned" processing of pork
each chair has a sheepskin laid across
.....and when I arrived, they also gave me a glass of something sparkly with that "hello" ;-)
Let's look at the whole table:
mustard almonds - bread twigs - salmon cream - root chips
It's hard for me to take photos in this kind of light; but I did it anyway. These are the best ones I ended up having.
The highly fantastic news is, though, that the link above to Koefoed has scrolling photos of most of the dishes we ate.....and of course, their photos are *quite* excellent. So, I'm gratified by this service they have done for me, as well.
ha ha!
We had the tasting menu, which turned out to be an excellent way to go -- letting the restaurant decide for us made it both easy and also full of surprises.
This one was my favorite:
Sol over Gudhjem - quail eggs served in a glass jar with a rye chip, chive oil and smoke.
There were two desserts:
Licorice Ice Cream, lemon semifreddo, meringues & dried bread ....
.....with grated licorice over the top. The dried bread was curious to me -- but it played a role in nearly each dish we had.
What a great evening :-).....
.....happy table in the alcove.
No comments:
Post a Comment