Saturday, March 2, 2013

4th Grade Playdates

 
 
 
...should always include CAKE POPS. 

:-)

 
We haven't been able to have very many playdates this year.  For the first time in Eliza's life, free afternoons are not so easy to come by;  this is not entirely my fault -- her classmates and friends all have busy calendars, too. 

But, it certainly FEELS like it's always me saying

"No, not this afternoon......we have ____________ (a dinner / a concert / a reception.....)"

 
I was really happy to be able to say yes this week.  We even had TWO playdates....but, I only have photographic evidence ;-) of one

 
Two playdates in one week = happy....the fact that sunshine sliced through into our days = gloriously happy.   Everyone felt good -- especially ME for being able to return to the rhythm of the "old days" for a little bit. 

But, here's the thing about these 4th Grade Girls:  Cake Pops will only get you so far. 


Overheard  March 1 - 4:45 p.m. -  North Sjælland, Denmark:

Girl 1:  Do you have test tubes or a volcano?  If you do, we could use vinegar and baking soda and make an explosion!

Girl 2:  That would be so awesome.  Let me go see....


 
I love that I have a Science Girl.....


....and that she has Science Friends. 

Perfect, sunny, science-y + cake afternoon.  :-)



2 comments:

NANA said...

Well, I'm so glad,(like you), that you have a "science girl"..besides just a cake decorating/eating girl..ha! (AND..are those my "ORS-test-tube-rose-holder-old-timey-vases" in photo? SO pleased to know they're in use! (Most of the rest of the case is still stowed in rose garden hut..ha...BUT..I saved them from the landfill by golly...ha)(AND... THEY LIVE ON.. :)

Tanya said...

Those ARE the test tube vases you gave us....and we use them for both science :-) as well as flowers. THanks again for that! :-)