We went to a Danish Naval Academy Ball last weekend.
Super Fun.
I was, of course, HIGHLY stressed about the entire event......
....from shoes to dress to hair.
But, Stine :-)
helped me become beautiful.
ha ha!
One of the stressors was that I knew ahead of time that I would not be sitting with Alistair, but rather with a mystery date, assigned by the Academy and tasked to "find me" on the evening of the event during the cocktail hour.
All manner of scenarios ran through my head -- left alone, standing without ANYONE, the American in the robins-egg-blue-dress with no place to go
....that sort of thing.
What a fool I am.
They gave me the Danish CNO (
Chief of Naval Operations) who sweetly escorted me to dinner and then allowed me to practice my Danish for the first hour before he switched to his exquisite, accent-free English.
:-)
Alistair was assigned to escort his wife, and we were all seated at the head table. The Danes are so good to us.
Food was GORGEOUS. Here is my dessert. I am sorry to tell you that I was so busy talking that I didn't even get to the lovely glass there on the plate.
The other two items were a semifreddo with apple chip and pecan pie.
Attaches All Lined Up In A Row
The entire evening was absolutely fabulous. The Danes are so good to us.
And equally comforting was that the shoes-dress-hair all worked together. :-)
4 comments:
Wow! What an evening...and you look stunning! I would never have been able to pull off an event like that. You two are a huge blessing to the U.S. The powers that be sure chose well when they tapped Alistair for this position. Thank you both for being such wonderful diplomats and for your service.
Well I'm with Lisa...how in the world did you find time to pull all that together? (Or do you do this all the time and I just don't get photos..ha :) THANK YOU FOR THESE!!! You do, indeed, look just beautiful..(and I'm certain you are doing our country proud...both of you...well, ALL of you...ha!) And, best of all, I'm SO glad it was/is fun for you, honey :) (It would be torture for me..IF I could do it...which.. I couldn't :)
Thanks you two :-)...it was really fun. I admit I sort of enjoyed all the primping and preening (my dress had to go to the tailor's, too, to be tightened a little in the *ahem* bust area). I've never done any of that prior to a Navy Ball. Not even to the hairdresser! In fact, I usually dread those parties -- but not anymore. I've finally found the path/secret/freedom to enjoying these events. Good timing :-) since it "counts" right now. Thanks for the encouragement...xoxoxo
Yes, you do look stunning! Very jealous of your continued Euro adventure!
Post a Comment