A Luncheon and Movie Afternoon. In Town....
.....inside one of those old apartment buildings with a great door:
....because it is soooooo deliciously old-world and wonderful.
But, it was even better inside the apartment:
dining will happen here...
Look at the LIGHT FIXTURE over the table. :-)
.....and lovely, springy Easter things inside. I'm going to copy those daffodils for my next two parties since I have the same white pots. I'm practically obligated, after all..... ;-)
The kitchen is where everyone wants to be....
....especially in this woman's home. And look what she gave us for a beginning:
Yes, please!! It was Cava, from Spain. Super wonderful and I'll be copying THAT, too.
At this table, we compared politeness standards & taboos between Europe, the States and Asia. One woman had lived in *both* Thailand and Cambodia. Those are some real Asia-Credentials :-). We also talked about cultural references and where we learn them --- and how clunky we feel when we don't have a bead on what everyone else is talking about in our own country.
I LOVE THESE PEOPLE!!! Every conversation is edible.
What kind of BRILLIANT woman came up with this, anyway??!?
We then watched The Sound of Music together (there was a woman in the group who had NEVER seen it -- that kicked off another chapter of discussion on cultural references......) What a perfect afternoon. It reminded me a little of the exquisitely-timed-therapy-mornings in Germany watching Downton Abbey with my sweet & generous friend. I think she would fit right in with the group from this week.
Mmmmmm......
1 comment:
Thank you for this blog...gee whiz...I'll surely never get to go to such an event at such a place (truly love that balcony/view :) How old is that building...do you know? My oh my...(so glad for you :)
Post a Comment