Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Egg Hunt

 
I'd been thinking about this for awhile:  a large and colorful Easter Egg Hunt over here, American-Style, with LOADS of bright, plastic eggs stuffed with American chocolate and candy. 

I even made an entire board over at Pinterest dedicated to this party, saving ideas and planning ahead with visuals to encourage me about how wonderful it would be.  :-)  So, I invited the three Attache families with the youngest children to coincide with the week that Birte and Karsten were here with their boys.

one boy, baking with me.....

Perfect.

We've had a real turn toward sunshine and early spring in the last few weeks here,  and I felt super confident about my chosen date of Friday, 15. March, (before the school vacation when everyone disappears, but more importantly, when Birte's boys Hannes and Mats were in town :-)...)

Look what happened on 13. March, though:

 
You've got to be kidding me.  Unbelievable.

 
But, I'd put so much thought and effort into this *amazing* party that I couldn't stop because of a little snow.  Those children surely have snowsuits!  Plus, I'd already sent the invitations and made as BIG a deal as possible over the Egg Hunt publicly. 

Committed, then. :-)



Birte and Karsten not only stuffed all those eggs for me (about 400, I think....) but, also hid them all around the yard. 


Plus, they helped me in the kitchen and house....

 
...which turned out to be CRUCIAL with this party for small children. 

buffet table set up near the trains and toys....
 
That's very different, after all, from a party for grown-ups. ;-)

carnitas, rice, chicken nuggets, vegetable cups, bunny bread rolls,
cornbread, cheese cubes, olives, strawberries, blueberries, oranges, pineapple
 
We had FIVE languages going at once......I *loved* that.  This is my favorite photo:


At least two languages are mingling in this moment.  Laughter crosses all international boundaries.

They arrived with snowsuits, as well:


:-)

And there was enough of a melt to use the giant bubble tray:


Which resulted in one little bunny having frosty bubbles all over her hood.....


......so great.

I didn't actually get a photo of my kid-friendly table (where I used most of my "pinned" ideas) with paper covering, crayons, jumping farm animals, daffodils, rabbit picks and fluffy chicks.......

 
.....but here is a post-party shot of the tray of leftovers.  You'll have to take my word that the table was cute. The paper sheet tablecloth was absolutely COVERED with messages, drawings and doodles. 

 
Also there were banners.  Which we loved so much, we kept hanging for a dinner party four days later.  A dinner party with grown-ups, that is.  Banners make everything & everyone happy, after all.

 ;-)


1 comment:

Padden4 said...

Oh, love it! You have truly got this entertaining thing down. What a wonderful thing for all of those present. (Adults, included.) You are so thoughtful in everything you do. I am sure that everyone love it.