But, there were still a few things to order and purchase before it all kicked off.
unpacking the market finds
cortado -- a new direction from my usual "americano"
The Coffee Collective, where they are *quite* serious about the magic that happens between hot water and those glorious little beans.
It just makes party planning seem so much easier. :-)
Look what I found on the pocket of my coat, while I was sitting there, too:
life is a journey - stay warm - keep dry
I didn't know that was there. I've worn that coat now for over a year -- see what good discoveries come from having a cup of coffee?
This market has the most wonderful little shops....
......and of course there are fish stalls :-)....
There is also a small outdoor market section:
flowers came from here....
ha ha!
two chocolate shops: a xoco and summerbird
summerbird tower of cream and chocolate
a xoco corner with all kinds of treats
See how I've been influenced?? :-)
But, let's take a closer look at that corner display:
I think I need some of those chocolate molds for Christmas....
Okay, okay, so back to the current work -- boutique chocolates -- WITH licorice -- it was to be for my guests. Here is a peek of how it all came together the following day:
pink chocolate + licorice bon bons
small caramel + salt, caramel + licorice, ganache truffles
chocolate covered creams - regular and with passionfruit
square truffles with cognac, champagne and bittersweet chocolate
More about the dinner party to come.....but, in the meantime, I was happy in the sunshine and with my plate of edible beauty for the following day. That hour of choir practice has turned into a little "mini break" for me -- what's not to love?
3 comments:
What a lovely market. I think I could actually like shopping if I was shopping there. How fun! It seems as though that market was just for you...you so know how to really experience it. I would bet that the Danes forget how to take such pleasure in it. Just like we all forget when we are so used to something. So glad that you are able to really enjoy it. And thank you for sharing it with us.
It's the *perfect* size market -- two halls, nice and warm throughout the winter. It is, however, VERY expensive. So, that means it's in the "special treat" category - ha ha! But, more than once I've stopped in there to buy fish cakes and bread for a quick dinner to take home. That's not super terrible, kroner-wise. In the vast majority of stalls it's prohibitive, though. ha ha! There is even a "raw" foods restaurant/bar at one end...very diverse. There is so much in DK that is right up my personal taste alley. I'm really enjoying my time here!!! :-)
Just beautiful...so glad you can have lovely little times like that (and that Eliza's in choir practice...I'm so proud of her...)
Post a Comment