Saturday, October 6, 2012

Black Licorice Mail Order

"black licorice"
 
I ordered something  !! 

 
I ordered something through the DANISH mail.  This meant selecting, writing, arranging in Danish - and more importantly - paying in Danish on line.  Alistair did that last part for me.....

Oh, what a happy day when the the bell rang and this package was being delivered to me:

 
Look at the sweetest little pattern -- including tags! --

 
-- to be knit for the sweetest little American boy, born to friends last week here in Denmark.  A Danish sweater, then, is the perfect item.  A sailor's sweater, even.

 
I love the handwritten invoice -- and she included an extra skein for no charge, so I could knit both the smallest size, as well as the 18m size for later.  That part had been a little unclear to me, actually, in our correspondence.  What a sweet surprise. 

 
So, I cast on right away, of course.  Suddenly sort lakrids  sounds pretty delicious, doesn't it? 

  :-)




2 comments:

NANA said...

And now all you need with your knitting is a cup of Nana's homegrown licorice tea!! And I actually do have a new little bunch of leaves growing in this looong, hot, dry autumn...(I've steeped and frozen all else...for when you all come..so will dry and bag and mail these last offerings :) (I'm so excited about this latest "mint"...you'll love it)

Padden4 said...

So cool! And what a beautiful sweater for that gorgeous yarn. Bravo for you. I don't know that I would ever have the courage to order something in another language. You amaze me.