Monday, December 6, 2010

Third Year Advent Cookies


Eliza's school had it's Advent Market recently.


It was snowy and cold and wonderful.  Eliza wanted especially, especially to post a photo of her eating a "mountain of sugar," as she called it: 


Cotton Candy is loved all over the world.....

We also bought cookies at the school's booth -- see how prettily they are packaged: 



They look even better on the plate; those ones looking like walnuts are filled with caramel.....:


My contribution this year is that small round cookie at about 8 o'clock.  Another mother encouraged me to make something American, like chocolate chip.  I wasn't so sure, but she told me, "...don't worry - the Germans will make the cinnamon stars and all those others!  It would be nice to have something American in there, too!

So, I did.  Tiny little chocolate chip cookies -- which blended beautifully in the bags.  I feel happy.

How did I get them to be such miniature versions of our classic Toll House cookies? 

Behind the Culinary Curtain:


I know.  I feel a little guilty about it, actually.  But, only a little.  It was Alistair's suggestion -- and he saved my sanity with it, too.  Sometimes "instant" really is the way to go.  ;-)

4 comments:

NANA said...

Thank you Alistair and THANK YOU GOD!!! You need to employ more of the shortcuts available to you,dear. Mess around at your pleasure when your nest is empty, ha!(And when you get right down to facts, those are probably the way most Tollhouse cookies are made in America today, so that's most perfectly what that nice woman asked for...right?)

NANA said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
tanya said...

ha! that's funny, Mom...I never thought about it that way. You're probably right about Pillsbury providing a big percentage of toll house cookies. It was such a time/effort saver, I couldn't resist.

I did NOT have to measure my cookies this time, though. Eliza's school is a more open-minded, laid-back place. Donations are good, according to the school, in whatever form they arrive. :-)

NANA said...

I did wonder about the measuring :)