Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Nutcracker

In the lobby....

Lars and Eliza and I went to a performance of the Nutcracker Ballet here last weekend.  Alistair and Ian were skiing....

We got there very, very early to counteract my parking angst.  Early enough for a snack before the inner doors opened:


Early enough that we had a lot of time while the theater filled up.....


So much time that  we could do some homework :-) while waiting:



I was very surprised, however, that there was no live orchestra.  (!?! )  The tickets were pretty expensive; as in - third-year-let's-not-miss-it expensive.  For 124 Euro, I want an orchestra....and I promised both Lars and Eliza last night that we would someday get back to Seattle for the PNW Ballet's timeless and exquisite Nutcracker. 

However, that said......

snowflakes

....it was beautiful.  Our seats were perfect for the 1,001 questions that came from the girl in the red dress....AND...


2 sets of 3....

....the whole event, recorded music notwithstanding,  made even math a little bit nicer.

:-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

...and skiing was awesome!

NANA said...

Well, I'm glad everyone had a good time :)