Out of laziness one day in early December, instead of walking out to the tree feeder, I put some sunflower seeds onto the little outdoor table. Unwittingly, I'd just hit the jackpot with bird visitors. :-) The millet strands went out on Gingerbread Day, helpfully scattered by a child's hands.
I love to sit quietly on the couch and just watch the birds. Ian got frustrated with my low-tech and leisurely approach to photographing my new bird friends, so he snatched the camera away from me and set up the tripod. From WHICH....he took 83 pictures. I'm not kidding.
Here are some of my favorites from his shots:
It's probably too much to ask him to type here.....83 characters to match 83 photos? Maybe. I'll ask him. :-)
This is Ian:
I kept the camera on constant shooting to get pictures with birds. Now Eliza is playing with the camera.
Ok, 86 characters is close enough.
1 comment:
Absolutely fabulous photos! Thank you Ian...(and Tanya for the start up..ha) I've tried some hanging bird feeders viewable out our FR/DR windows,but I think birds suspect it may be a cat feeding deal...:)I doubt our cats can/do jump up that high, that fast (they're getting older and lazier and fatter)..plus I've talked to them about leaving the birds alone, and odd as that sounds, I've seen little birds safely hopping around on the ground just a few feet from them...so..? Anyway, I'm so glad you can watch them...very keen, indeed!
Post a Comment