While Alistair and Ian were racing, Lars and Eliza and I went to the Sea Life Aquarium. Her teacher had recommended it to me before the vacation, and we had the happy surprise in seeing that our Legoland Cards got us in for FREE: the right price. :-)
I didn't really know how much I miss living near water until I was inside the aquarium....
Touch Pool with Rays
But, both children liked the elevator tank in the adjoining Radisson Hotel:
....and the line was short enough .....
....to get us a trip up through the middle....
...and back down again.....
....before we fell over from lack of food. ;-)
Luckily for us, there was a pizzeria next door. Eliza and I split one (ham, pecorino & arugula), while Lars felt confident he could handle "Frutti di Mare" all on his own.
I won't share the grisly comments Lars made to his sister about eating the exhibits....
2 comments:
I am right with you...I fall asleep to the "artificial" ocean sounds on my radio. The sea dragons and seahorses are my favorites. I have a pictures of sea dragons from Scripps in San Diego on the wall in my studio. Love them!
Great blog! I'd have enjoyed being in that beautiful aquarium..and you got such good photos (as usual). (Glad to know you miss living by the water..we tend to take it so for granted, I know...good reminder for me that even how the air smells near the water is something I really love, alot)
Post a Comment