For it is, in fact, all about ME.
I am in the second half of my English Club -- which means I've moved to the other second grade class, now. They are just as naughty ;-) and mischievous as the first class, but the dynamic is much different. For example, they respond really well to rewards for kindness, sharing, compassion, etc. The other class thought it was worth it to just go ahead and get in trouble.
I still had these left over from Sunday School in VA....I love it when saving works out like this. :-) Hooray for my stash!
Ms Tanya: What is happening in South Africa these days? Something big....something important to Germany...
Eager Second Grader, springing out of his chair: Worldcup!! Worldcup!!!
Ms. Tanya: Exactly! And....what is a language we can speak in South Africa?
(....silence.....)
Ms. Tanya: English! We can speak English in South Africa.
Second Grader: Everyone is playing soccer in South Africa, too!
As far as the snack went this week, I followed the world theme. I'd always had good luck with unusual treats, games, snacks in the other class, I figured they'd LOVE four little international crackers for snack time. I almost sang: clever me! clever me! ;-)
Wrong. They're not nearly as adventurous as the other group....those kids would have lined up for SKY DIVING, if I'd offered it. Ever-giddy over anything slightly off-beat, the seaweed crackers would have sent them rollicking and asking for more....
Not the case in this current group, however. They stuck with the German Zoo crackers and one girl asked me - worry stamped across her face - if I was going to bring this assortment next Monday, as well.
But, they loved the dot-to-dots I got off of the Enchanted Learning site...several requests for more maps next week of South Africa. :-)
1 comment:
I am so very proud of you, my dear.
Post a Comment