....I have given those two the whole week to make their posts about the Dauphine bike race and climb up Alpe d'Huez. They haven't even started.....so, I'm cutting in line to tell my chapter in the story. ;-) It could be titled: French Weekend for the Non-Sporty.
ha ha ha!
We went to a small town called Bourg d'Oisans, which is at the base of a famous Tour de France alp climb (Alpe d'Huez) and also where the second-to-last stage of the Dauphine took place last weekend.
Camping. This is as rustic as I like to go......I'm very grateful that Alistair arranged for this cabin, instead of a tent. :-)
Wandering. One thing about France that always impresses me -- every town and every village has 'postcard' spots....
.....for those of us who grew up reading fairy tales. :-)
Tasting. Can you blame me for taking pictures? So cute.....I was actually worried that Eliza wouldn't want to eat him, since she had given him a name by this point.
Coffee. Must.Have.Coffee.Always. Especially upon realizing the potential request of carrying a pastry mouse in my purse all day....
Flower Pressing. I still have the little flower-press kit from a Chick-Fil-A kids meal. :-) They always had the best toys.....
Shopping.....the grocery store had a selection of cheeses specifically from the area. It was interesting how this tasting went: Alistair liked the red label and Ian liked the green label best. To be honest, I actually found them to be a little pungent. Me!? And I'm such a cheese-girl!!
Squirrel cookies for our little squirrel.
Menu Reading. Lars is becoming a serious foodie -- he scrutinizes and considers -- I love every moment of this development in him.
And, we waited to see the race fly by, as well....
More to follow from the two fellows who rode up to the top of Alpe d'Huez to watch the race from there...
2 comments:
Lars the foodie...that's my favorite!!!!
Oh my gosh! I'll be afraid to fix meals for you all! Ha!! You're getting so sophisticated!!
Seriously, I share your amazement someone would/could stand on the back of a motorcycle the whole race
...do they really? Great blog!!
(beautiful pastries, huh? And beautiful grandchildren, of course)
Post a Comment