Which was fitting to the theme from presents back at home: there was an entire cache of Indian Princess things for her to open. Costume, doll, horse, movie and book about Sacajawea. [ I realized almost immediately that I really missed an opportunity here -- the Native American theme would have been a lot of fun to do with German children. There is just so much to do with this subject, and so much to learn about -- maybe I'll let that simmer for next year ;-)....]
Her present from Alistair was a ROLLER SCOOTER, which she has been wanting for awhile. The horse came with her to open it together downstairs in the entryway... ;-) And then she changed her clothes and those two went out all sporty and happy.
Later she put on the costume, and went STRAIGHT for Lars' bow and arrows.....apparently leaving her Papoose at home with a Brave ;-) ....
I can't believe my mom actually MADE this!!! Right down to the ties around the bootlegs and satchel, necklace and headband. It is beautifully done, and such a perfect thing for Eliza!!
Cake on the back porch (the table inside is filling up with Thursday's things.....)
And then she was off to the BATHTUB to play with her new Mermaid Doll from Gran and Grandpa. No photos :-( -- the bath being an awkward place to take pictures -- but our girl is sound asleep now, after her very special 7th Birthday Day.
Two more days -- and then 11 children pile into the house and yard for another party. Time for ME to be sound asleep, too, I think. :-)
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Grandparents!!! xoxoxoxo
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Grandparents!!! xoxoxoxo
3 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELIZA!!! I'm so glad you had a great day.
OM.....Your mom is such a crafter! It looks perfect on her! Happy Bday Eliza!
My mom is a very thorough crafter...I can't believe how well the costume FITS; and she used all kinds of braiding/stitching/wrapping to make it as "authentic" as possible. My favorite thing is how the boots wrap around the calves. I also forgot, there was a Squanto book, as well. Like a Unit Study. There's a total Homeschool thread running through this entire thing. :-) It would have been a GREAT party theme for the children....I'm thinking about it for next year!
Post a Comment