Thursday, September 24, 2009

Invitation to Draw


Everyone needs someone like scherbener and family....because they send REALLY nice things in the mail. :-)

How great is this??? I love how it's both simple and brilliant -- and so obviously perfect for someone like Eliza. Yet, I would never have thought of it!
The cover page is right -- this book is an over-the-top starting point for creative license. Maybe if I SQUINT, I can pretend that it's actually for ME.
:-)

Eliza was really thrilled about the brush-markers neatly tucked inside the package.....she has just added a name tag ("Eliza") to the inside of the box. Maybe she sensed I was eyeing everything...? ha ha ha!

This one below is my FAVORITE page -- and it was hard to narrow it down. I LOVE how it is looking through the window to the outside. That extra nudge in imagination is making me giddy.
I wish I could take this one with me tonight [parents' night at school.....hopefully, hopefully NO Ice-Breaker Games this time.....] What are the odds I could get away with this on my lap tonight? It starts at 8 p.m. and the agenda looks long. I'm thinking 11 p.m. at the earliest.
I could draw some good things on that table. Like a carafe of wine.
;-)

2 comments:

NANA said...

I was just thinking lately how much I enjoyed coloring in your coloring books with you...lucky for me you only had those, as this keen thing would be very, very hard to share...even with mom..ha! (Well, plus, I'm someone who really needs the outlines..where I only need to chose what colors to put within them...my, my, my, I'm old, old, old.) Love seeing such things though, God bless you all.

Tanya said...

Oh, on the contrary, Mom....this book is EXACTLY the kind of thing you would like, as a Doodle-Girl-Extraordinaire. I can only imagine the intricate scenes you would come up with for these pages. I've seen what you do on the edge of an envelope while talking on the phone, after all...

:-) Thank you for the CD-Rom you sent, by the way. It just arrived!