I strained it into a beautiful teapot and carried it upstairs to the room at the top of the house, where I tried to find a sewing pattern that I know for sure I have. Somewhere. My Green Tea Afternoon opened up my eyes and showed me that I really, really need to straighten up that room. Tomorrow. I've just been so focused on other things, lately.
Speaking of Eternal Life as well as being focused in other ways, ;-) I finally wandered back into Church on Sunday. The reading was Colossians Chapter 2, and the message was all about how death is necessary for life. The death of one thing, leads to the life of another, for example....even small things, on an everyday basis in our lives.
I really like this Pastor a lot. He weaves sermons that are both gentle and yet convicting, thought-provoking, filled with metaphor, and his sentences are strung together like pearls. But, I've been thinking for awhile that we should at least occasionally go to an English-speaking Church. It would definately be better for Ian.....and after a year, I think that's probably fair.
:-) We'll see how that unfolds.....I'm not ready to leave the German Church completely. There's a lot of good that has come from us experiencing all this in another language. But, maybe a gradual weaning is part of the overall experience, too.
In the meantime, I'm cleaning up that studio room at the top of the house, and drinking more Green Tea. I wish I could attach the delicious scent somehow to the screen or words....the label says the aroma is coming from Marille-Jasmin. Marille is some kind of apricot, isn't it? Either way -- it's amazing and special and luxurious. Thank you, Karen!
No comments:
Post a Comment